Greetings squad! Today’s workout is all about busting your ass, sweating to killer music and having a fantastic time doing it!! Seriously though, working out is hard–yes. But you can get into a zone with the right frame of mind and the right music to pump you up!! It’s probably pretty obvious but there are endless benefits to exercising to music. Some of them include:
- Music can be a good distraction from the pain.
- Music can make you work harder.
- Music can put you in the zone. Whatever that zone may be…a memory or visualizing you more fit and athletic.
- Music can help you keep a good pace.
- Music can change your mood and elevate it to a positive place.
Those are just a few of the benefits to listening to music. Well, I was fortunate enough to receive this amazing set of headphones from the generous people at 66 AUDIO . You can totally #sweatwirelessy with their fabulous bluetooth headphones and not have to worry about stupid wires getting in your way. That’s how I got through this tough workout. Here are the deets to this sweatfest and then I’ll share some songs that are pumping me up!
- Plank jacks: Get in that solid plank position and jump your feet open and close. Engage your whole body here and don’t let your back sag at all! 30 seconds.
- Jumping jacks: Seems easy enough right? After 30 seconds at a good pace you should feel the burn for sure here.
- Side to Side Lunges: Another fab way to bust your butt. Really try and explode up to switch from each side lunge. Engage your belly throughout and stay focused–even if you might be losing yourself to some tunes. 30 seconds again.
- Waist cinchers: Holy smokes! Every. Single. TIME! These kick my butt! These are especially challenging when you do them for 30 seconds…AND after all that other dynamic business you just performed.
- Jump Switch Lunges High and Low: Do 4 explosive jump switch lunges from upright and then 4 jump switches from a plank position. That level change situation is so great for your heart rate AND it’s a nice shock to your metabolism. You guessed it, 30 seconds of this.
- Tuck Jumps: What a way to finish this challenge! BIG, explosive, holding nothing back tuck jumps! I’ve been working hard on these and trying to tuck my knees all the way up to my chest. 30 seconds is KILLER!
That’s the workout! 30 seconds of each exercise. Try for at least one time through and then of course if you can do more go for it! You will be THAT much stronger and THAT much more bad ass!!
Some music that I’m loving these days and that get me through kick butt workouts like this are:
- “Riot” by Wiwek. This one is SO motivating! I play it in my bootcamp classes and I can see the changes in everyone’s energy levels. Even my 2 daughters love to listen to it on their way to soccer games. Good stuff.
- “Febreeze” by Skrillex & Diplo. First of all, this song makes me laugh. Second, it swears a lot so be aware of that. Sometimes 4-letter words put me in a different zone. Just saying. My classes love this one too ;-).
- “Soy Yo” by Bomba Estereo. I heard this on a Target commercial and fell in LOVE right away. My classes AND my girls request this song now.
So tell me what you’re digging these days!! Give this workout a go, check out www.66audio.com for some hip headphones and let me know how it goes! Until next time! xoxo Jenny