I hope the new year is finding you all motivated, happy and most of all taking care of yourself. Still having trouble getting your workout in and crushing your goals? Well today’s workout should help you eliminate at least one of your excuses–not making it to the gym! You can do this high-intensity, interval training, tabata style workout in the comfort of your own home. You against you! You decide how hard you work and how bad you want to get fit this year and take care of yourself! So here we go!
- Burpee donkey kicks: Get in front of a coach or ottoman, jump up high, place hands down and do a donkey kick bringing feet up onto your furniture of choice.
- Plank jacks: On your elbows or hands, get into a solid plank and jump feet open and close as fast as you can. Really keep your abs engaged so your back doesn’t sag.
- Jump switch hitch kicks: Just like a regular jump switch lunge but add a little kick to your switch! That way you’ll work your flexibility a little more and your heart rate will get up a little higher.
- Spiderman push-ups: As you do a regular push-up bring your elbow to your knee. If this is too difficult do a push-up and then bring your elbow to your knee.
- Triceps dips: On your couch with your feet lifted to make it harder. Bend and extend your elbows doing a dip.
- Seated leg lifts and hip lifts: On the floor with legs extended out in front of you. Lift your legs and then lift your hips up and back behind arms really engaging your core to make this happen.
That’s the workout! The rule is 20 seconds of effort and 10 seconds of rest–4 rounds for each exercise. You can do each exercise individually this way, you can pair two exercises and go back and forth, or you can go down the list but making sure to do each exercise 4x with the 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off rule.
Go for it and let me know how it goes!! xoxo