As we begin the new year I’m sure we’re all feeling optimistic that this year is going to be amazing! I do love the beginning of a new year. I like setting goals, getting organized and the sense of hope that each new year brings.
I consider myself a pretty happy person. Of course I have my days or moments that aren’t so happy, we all do. But this year one of my goals is to be more positive and truly happy. Here are some ways I’m hoping to achieve more bliss:
- Logging it. I got myself a cute day planner this year. I’m going old school! I’ll use this planner in addition to my iPad. In this planner I’m going to write down one thing I’m grateful for everyday. This can be done at the beginning, end or mid-day, whatever works! I believe when we acknowledge what we are grateful for we can’t help but be happier.
- Try new things. These don’t have to be huge but new to me. Whether that’s a new workout style, a new fashion trend, a new food, or something I find completely terrifying I want to make this the year of trying new things.
- Write thank you notes. EVERY YEAR I tell myself I’m going to do this. THIS is the year I will! I love the art of a simple thank you note. Whenever I receive one my heart is full and taking the time to write a little thank you to someone else helps me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by wonderful people.
- Move more. For those of you that know me, you know I move a lot. I do, however, hit a low just about every afternoon. My day starts super early and can sometimes end a little late. BUT I know from experience that if I take even 5 minutes to exercise when I hit my low, I am SO much happier.
- Set goals. This whole online business is new and foreign to me but I’m ready to take it on! I am going to set a timeline with small goals along the way and learn from the process. I’ve been wanting to try something different with my career for years now so here I go!!!
I hope happiness finds you all this year as well. What are your tips for getting happy? xoxo